Thursday, July 22, 2010

converting

Ahhh...the window displays at anthropologie. I know I am the last person to write about these wonderful creations, but I have a secret. I have never really loved anthro. Unlike every other girl in my generation, and the one before and the one after, especially design girls, I have never been a huge fan. It was always too bohemian for my ultra-modern sensibilities. I have never been able to wear the clothes, as I feel silly, youngish, and like an imposter. Too many prints! Not enough black! How would I put it all together? Everything always seems so loose, and I like structure. That said, I am converting over from the dark side. Literally. I really appreciate the home accessories. The wallpaper, the furniture, the bedding and the handbags. And a girlfriend gave me a dress to wear when I was pregnant that is beautiful. As it would be, the closest anthro to me is 3 hours away so I don't have much opportunity to get close and take another look. So, I am resigned to finding window display shots on the web that make my heart swoon. These are made with beautiful colors of fabric. Seriously? The guy who thinks of this stuff is a genius.

images unkown

No comments:

Post a Comment