Friday, July 23, 2010

Tumbleweeds

Most of the time tumbleweeds are a huge nuisance - like for these homeowners:

Extreme example, but even one flying across the freeway or stuck in your garden can cause a headache. Well, I think tumbleweeds are beautiful. Poky, but geometrically perfect. And for use in decorating? They are free! Well, unless you choose to buy them online from one of the many websites that sells them for upwards of $40. Yes, that is right. People sell tumbleweeds, and I've heard they make good money doing it too. The Japanese are apparently huge fans. It is amazing what you can accomplish with the internet today. Why didn't I think of this? I could be selling tumbleweeds for a living!
Here are some great uses of these "dead things" as Jon calls them.
A light fixture! I love it! I think I am going to go find some good ol' Idaho tumbleweeds. That is one thing we actually don't get in our backyard.
picsdigger, remodelista, theproprietress

No comments:

Post a Comment