Thursday, June 17, 2010

Birthday Party

We are all decompressing after a whirlwind First Birthday Party weekend. It wouldn't have been such a scene except for this cake: I tried to follow the infamous Rainbow Cake, but with some modifications. Rainbows are way too colorful for me, I know its sad but true, so I went with a gradation of blues. Well, let's just say that I accidentally put in blue gel decorating icing instead of blue gel food coloring. Oops. A trip to the grocery store IN ANOTHER TOWN (only 11 miles but hardly worth a trip for food coloring) and we were back in business. Thank goodness the parents were there to help me out! Below is the 'after' picture of the cake. It tasted great, even if it was a pain. I got it out of my system, though, and never have to do that again.

It has finally been nice enough here to get outside, and just in time for Peanut to play with his new water table from Grandma and Grandpa. It's a huge hit.








No comments:

Post a Comment