Wednesday, June 30, 2010

O Say Can You See

I always, ALWAYS make a cake for the 4th of July. No matter where I am or what I am doing I have done it since I was 12. The cakes (and sometimes) cupcakes have all been different variations on the same basic theme. An American flag. Strawberries and blueberries are the usual accroutements. I love these individual tarts featured on the Food Network.
And check out this happy cake: I adore the stars on spindly little wires.
This one piqued my interest because of the star shape. I may have to incorporate that somehow. The only thing I do know about my cake this year is that I will use the amazing new square cake pan my Mom bought me during the blue cake fiasco, and that I will not let this cake turn into the scene that that one was! Easy, easy, easy is my mantra.



No comments:

Post a Comment